Ant sting treatment and the most important way to get rid of ants at home
Ant Bite Symptoms:
- Severe itching.
- Skin irritation that disappears an hour after the biting.
- Swelling of the area that was pinched.
Ant sting treatment:
First: Wash the affected area with cold water, or rub a piece of ice wrapped in a cloth on the affected area, or a cloth moistened with cold water can also be applied to the site of the bite, this will relieve itching and irritation.
Second: Mix a spoonful of apple cider vinegar with a spoonful of cold water and dip a piece of cotton and wipe it with the place of the pinch, the itching will ease because the vinegar contains antibacterial agents, repeat the process until you feel better.
Third: Aloe vera cream is one of the most important natural remedies for an ant sting, thanks to its vitamin E that reduces itching and irritation, and aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Fourthly: You can also use basil leaves to treat an ant bite, boil one teaspoon of dried basil leaves with two cups of water, then apply it after it has cooled on the affected area using a cotton ball, this will relieve the irritation and itching.
Fifthly: Mix 3 drops of peppermint oil with half a spoonful of olive oil and apply it to the affected area using a medicated cotton pad. This mixture will help calm the itching and treat skin irritation.
Sixthly: You can also use antihistamines, as they treat itching and relieve skin irritation. Do not use any medicine that contains corticosteroids before consulting a doctor.
Seventh: Mix a quarter cup of water with one cup of oatmeal until it becomes a thick paste and apply it to the place of the bite and leave it for half an hour. The oats will relieve irritation and itching because it contains natural anti-inflammatories.
Ways to eliminate ants at home:
Because ants has no direct benefit for your home you must learn to usually keep ants away, of the methods:
- Keeping the house clean and not spreading food on the floors. Covering food with special bags, and it is best to put it in the refrigerator.
- Seal cracks in walls and floors because ants are present in them.
- Use insecticides, especially boric acid, as they will help you get rid of ants.
- Mix two tablespoons of vinegar with two tablespoons of water and spray the ants and places where they are.
- Mix 7 tablespoons of lemon juice with two tablespoons of water and spray it in places where ants are present.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of corn syrup with 3 tablespoons of boric acid until it becomes a coherent paste and put it in places where ants are present. The ants will gather around it and you will be able to get rid of them.