How to Deal With Dangerous Bee Stings?

The human reaction to a bee and wasp sting may be normal, but it may develop into life-threatening symptoms, as some people are more sensitive to insect bites than others.

How do you behave towards stings? What do you do when it occurs in the head and neck? What are signs of allergy?

The stings of bees and wasps, within minutes and sometimes within hours, lead to redness and painful swelling of the skin, and the radius of this swelling may reach 10 centimeters and subside within a day. Those who are sensitive to insect bites should know how to avoid their damage, and it is important to speed up treatment after an insect bite.

Treatment of insect sting allergy includes first aid as well as long-term measures to reduce the impact of the resulting allergy. You must provide yourself with first-aid kits from bee or wasp stings, and these tools include anti-inflammatory materials. First aid must be trained in advance and respond quickly to the sting.

As a first aid against a bee or wasp sting, the swilling should first be cooled with a cold, damp cloth, and in addition, cortisone ointment should be placed on the sting area on the skin. Especially when the swelling is large, antihistamines that cause inflammation should be used, especially when it is proven that the person is prone to allergies due to insect bites.

At a later time, you should go to a doctor who specializes in allergies to have the necessary skin and blood test done. In addition, it is known whether treatment of the immune system of those allergic to insect bites is necessary. The doctor prescribes preventive therapeutic drugs that must be used in emergency situations, which are antihistamines such as cortisone or adrenaline.

Signs of an allergic reaction after bee stings

As a result of a bee or wasp sting, an allergic reaction may occur in the body that may develop into symptoms that threaten a person’s life. One of the signs of an allergy is the appearance of symptoms in the body far from the site of the swelling a few minutes after the sting.

These symptoms are in the form of pimples, skin swellings, difficulty breathing, nausea, and circulatory disorders such as hypotension, which is known as shock that may reach loss of consciousness and respiratory failure.

And the emergency doctor must be contacted immediately in such cases.

Who is safe from an allergy caused by a sting?

But is a person safe from allergic diseases if he had not previously had any allergic reactions due to the stings of bees or wasps in his life? In general, a person can develop a pathological allergy to insect bites later in life.

A blood and skin analysis must be done by a specialist allergist to find out if a person is exposed to allergies resulting from insect bites, noting that 20 percent of people – who are tested for allergies – may not necessarily develop these symptoms.

What to do when a wasp or a bee stings you?

  1. You must stay calm! Most people do not develop an allergy as a result of a bee or wasp sting. However, insect bites should be taken very seriously, as failure to prompt appropriate intervention can lead to serious consequences.
  2. First remove the stinging bee or wasp from the skin with forceps. Do this with caution so that the poisonous gland attached to the insect’s sting does not open and cause more insect venom to enter your bloodstream.
  3. Cool the site of the sting using ice and cold water and apply a decongestant ointment.
  4. To reduce the itching caused by a skin bite, apply vinegar diluted with water or slices of onion to the itchy site.

You may also like...