What is The Best Way to Get Rid of Ticks?
The appearance of a tick in the house may represent a nightmare for the housewife, in addition to the fact that the bite of this insect is painful, and may cause a rash and itching, it may also transmit a lot of bacteria and viruses that cause serious diseases, so it is important, dear, to be aware of how to get rid of As soon as it appears, you must take quick steps to prevent its spread in the home, especially since it is one of the insects that is difficult to get rid of, and it may reappear again after a short period.
Ticks usually appear in homes where there are pets or attached to gardens. It appears in the wood when buying used furniture. If you notice the appearance of a tick in your home, learn with us in this article how you can get rid of it.
Ticks are arthropod insects that belong to the family of arachnids, have eight legs, and feed on the blood of the host, whether it is an animal or a human. , so most of the time you may notice it at night, and unfortunately, the body of the insect is solid, so even with pressure on it, it may not die, so either you carry it with paper towels and throw it at the base of the bathroom, or you try to track it to find out its hiding place, and get rid of it through the following steps:
- Do not leave the house in a mess, ticks are insects that can hide anywhere, so get rid of old things, and do not leave any dirty clothes in the laundry box, damp places are a favorite environment for them, so wash clothes, preferably in hot water, and dry them in the sun .
- Clean your entire home, dust and wipe shelves and floors, and after dry sprinkle hidden areas, corners, under bedding and furniture with boric acid insect repellent powder.
- Use the vacuum cleaner to get rid of ticks hiding in the folds of bedding and furniture, then empty the vacuum bag into a plastic bag and close it tightly, wash it with hot soapy water, and dry it in the sun.
- Put your mattresses and pillows out in the sun to ventilate, and leave them until you spray the furniture and floors.
- Thoroughly wash all the belongings of any pet you have with soap and water, search the animal itself for the insect and remove it, or use an animal repellent and spray it with it.
- Use ready-made insecticides available in the market, intended for ticks, and because some of them have a pungent smell, they may cause problems for young children, so discover in the following how to prepare a natural insect repellent for ticks.
How to prepare an insecticide to eliminate ticks
You can prepare an exterminator to get rid of ticks at home from natural ingredients that are safe for children, and use it on floors, walls and pets as well, just follow these steps:
- 2 cups of water.
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 5 drops lemon oil.
How to prepare:
Mix the ingredients in a clean bottle, shake well before use, and spray it on floors, wood, and sunken areas where ticks may hide.
Treat Tick bites in the following way:
- 9 drops lemon oil
- 6 drops tea tree oil.
- 6 drops peppermint oil .
- A tablespoon of almond or jojoba oil.
How to prepare:
Mix the ingredients in a clean bottle, and spray it on the skin, especially for children before bed, to protect them from tick bites. Sprinkle the previous mixture on pieces of cotton, and distribute it under the mattress, and in hidden and damp places and closets.
Getting rid of the tick may need some time and effort from you, because it is one of the insects that reproduce in large numbers, as its female lays approximately 1500 eggs that hatch after several months, which means that they will reappear if you do not get rid of them well, and if you are exposed for a tick bite, try removing the insect using a plastic bag or tweezers, discard it in the bathroom, and disinfecting the bite site with soap and water first, then with a medical antiseptic such as alcohol.
Find out more information about all methods of cleaning and getting rid of household insects and arranging the house in this website, don’t hesitate to put your questions in a single contribution.