Do wasp stings have any benefits?
The wasp (Vespa) is a type of insect that belongs to the order Hymenoptera, and it is a unique species that does not belong to other families of insects or Bee.
These species are generally divided into two parts: solitary wasps, which live alone outside the colony individually, away from the group, and social wasps, which live in groups in wasp colonies, and the number of wasps living in the colony may reach a few thousand or more, The colony has a queen wasp ruling it, and there are many characteristics that distinguish it from other insects, the most important of these characteristics being that it is predatory and parasitic, and it has two pairs of claws.
Scientists from the “University of Leeds” participating in an experiment conducted many research and scientific tests in laboratories on the benefits of venom for a sting, pinch or wasp sting, and these scientists were able to come up with a way to kill cancer cells through the use of Brazilian wasp venom, without harming the injured, as he indicated.
Scientists indicated that they injected some mice with cancer with wasp poison, and discovered that the wasp’s venom surrounded these cancer cells, interacting with fat molecules on the surface of the infected cells, and creating voids, forcing these cells to leak the vital material that makes them up, and thus they are eliminated.
However, more research and experiments are still under investigation, to ensure that the use of wasp venom is safe for human life, and eliminates cancerous cells that infect humans.
The wasp sting is considered one of the most painful types of stings, and it may sometimes lead to the death of the victim, as the wasp sting causes severe itching in the place where he was injured, and sometimes some people may suffer from an allergic reaction, and some symptoms occur as follows:
Severe redness in the color of the face, and swelling of the face may occur in some cases. Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing, as a result of the narrowing of the breathing passages caused by low blood pressure due to the poison.
Toxic reaction, which occurs as a result of exposure to more than one bite in the same place, the reaction occurs instead of the body’s response and the secretion of antibodies, so the person appears symptoms, such as: feeling sick, wanting to vomit, diarrhea, in addition to headaches and fainting, and the appearance of a rash, Feeling itching, itching, and muscle spasms.