The Must Have Guide for “How to Get Rid of a Mosquito Bite?” inside house and outdoor
Have you ever wondered? What to do before getting bit? What to do after getting bites? what are the wrong things to treat mosquito bites? How to deal with mosquito bites on children? and the most critical question, when do you get rid of mosquito bites? or the healing time.
To get rid of mosquito bites for good, you must carefully read these guidelines step by step.
What To Do Before Mosquitoes Bite Your Skin?
Things that you can in advance to avoid bites from mosquitoes and kill them as well. if you already bitten, please skip to the next part to learn how to treat the bites.
For Indoor Mosquito Bites
If your house or yard are infested with mosquitoes, then you must turn off unwanted lights, or use lights that don’t attract mosquitoes, apply a mosquito net, spray aerosol for mosquitoes, or use a mosquitoes zapper inside the house.
Mosquito Bites when you were outdoor
Apply a mosquito repellent (DEET) when you go out house or while you are in an area where mosquitoes are known, that can help prevent mosquito bites.
Also, and as you may know it’s hard for mosquitos to bite through wearing, so that, please wear long clothing can help cover the exposed areas of your skin that can be bitten by mosquitoes inside or outside
In case of mosquito bites in car and vehicles:
To get rid of mosquitoes inside my car’s cabin, simply I used to close all windows when parking anywhere, hang a fragrant sachet to repel them all the time.
If you have already bitten, then go to the next section.
Things To Do after a Mosquito Bites Your Skin
Based on Medical opinions and my personal experiences, here what i used to do after getting bites from mosquitoes
- Go away from the area where you have got bites there.
- Stop Scratching: Repeatedly pull at bite with your fingers or scratching at a the site of mosquito’s bite will only provoke what can be called “the itch-scratch cycle”. More scratching will prolong the healing time and make the bite open to bacteria. That way you can’t get rid of mosquito bites, so that please resist scratching after getting bitten by mosquitoes.
- Mind Distraction: One of the easy ways to get rid of mosquito bites on your skin is that you must keep your mind away from thinking about how the bite is itchy, watching TV, playing PlayStation, playing MP3 can distract your mind until you forget the bite.
- Cool irritated skin that has bitten by mosquitoes with Aloe Vera Gel, compress of small ice cubes or baking soda paste, those are of commonest remedies to get rid of bites of mosquitos. Know how to treat mosquito bites bruise?
- If you can’t bear the itchiness, apply a antihistamine cream or take pills for itching every two hours for two days. Yes, this cream and lotions can get you rid from mosquito bites within two days.
What Not To Do For Mosquito Bites
Things and doings you must avoid after mosquito bites your skin, actually people may think that some methods can help but the truth they worsen the bite.
- No, you have not to scratch after mosquitoes bite you, as it will increase the desire for itching, that what does prolong the healing process and make bumps larger.
- No, you must not tie any ligament or tourniquet around the place of the bite, it will not stop itching, instead it will increase the desire to scratch.
- No, you must not draw a cross on the swollen bite, it will not reduce swelling nor stop itching, instead it may break your skin and invite harmful microbes which lead to puss blisters.
- Fill a sprayer bottle with water and spray on the place of the bite. Then sprinkle salt on the sprayed water, leave on the place for half a minute, then wipe with a cloth. If you feel irritating after salting the bite, then this method is not for you.
Getting rid of mosquito bites on baby’s skin
Of course, your babies is at risk of skeeter syndrome symptoms by mosquito bites, an allergic condition against mosquito bites, so it’s better to prevent mosquito bites on children in advance as best you can.
During prime mosquito time, more mosquitoes swarm when the temperature hits 50 degrees Fahrenheit in the spring and increasing.
Mosquitoes worst bites are during the hot summer months . Almost you can’t see them during hibernation seasons; the winter.
- Make it a habit to spray children down with mosquito’s spray before going outside at any time of the day.
- If you are living or traveling somewhere that is particularly buzzing with mosquitoes all the time, opt for clothing that covers most of your skin.
- Use a mosquito’s net on baby kid will obscured.
Try Homemade remedies For Mosquito Bites
The full list of most common and effective remedies for mosquitoes bites that can be made at home by yourself, at this link Home Remedies For Mosquito Bites
And here are some recipes that work for getting rid of mosquitoes bites;
- Crushed ice in a cloth or paper, fold it down, place it on the bite place. Yes, ice will cool the skin and will help relieve itching.
- Putting a little post-shave paste on the place of the bite before going to sleep and leaving it throughout the night. Yes, post-shave paste can reduce mosquitoes bite itching and speed up the healing process.
- Make a paste of baking soda and witch hazel, after it getting dry you can wash with cold water. Yes, baking soda paste really works for mosquito bites and it’s from the commonest remedies.
- Place any acne product on the place of the bite is found it can relieve itching.
- Try rubbing the place of the bite with a piece of onions can work too.
- Yes, Put a hot spoon on the mosquito bite, as the heat can help reduce the hormone that causes itching. Heat up a spoon and apply to the bite. And yes, The heat will denature the proteins that involved in the reaction and the itching after a mosquito bite will stop. However it may not work for Misquito bites as much for poisonous bites.
And therefore, you can use cheap home remedies to help relieve the itching after mosquito bites, Pharmacies sell gel or creams specially designed to stop itching caused by mosquito bites or poison ivy.
Some sensitive spots on your skin can get critical bites such as the eyes eyelids require immediate treatment at the highest priority. here’s a detailed explanation Treating Mosquito bites on eyelid
When I get some mosquito bites that what I do to get rid of mosquitoes and its painful bites, itchiness can be reduced by washing the bite with soap and cold water immediately. Then calamine lotion or hydrocortisone cream to decrease the bite swelling size as well as to help alleviate any further itching.
However, there are too many remedies to get rid of mosquito bites overnight including many natural herbs and home recipes, such as soaking the bite in Epsom salt solution or cover it with a salty paste or made from baking soda.
The commonest first-line treatment for swelling and inflammation of mosquito bites is by holding an ice pack few minutes on top of the bitten area or just taking a water bath overnight.